Jill Strykowski has a rich background in image cataloging, archival digitization, information science and advanced research techniques. In addition to her career as an electronic resources librarian, Jill freelances as a web and graphics editor.
She is a native of Berkeley, California and spent her undergraduate years in Los Angeles. She graduated with honors from the University of Southern California in 2006, with a BA in Art History and a minor in technical theater. She moved to New York City shortly after finishing this degree.
Jill has master's a degree in Library & Information Science (an MSLIS from Long Island University) and another in Archives & Public History (an MA from New York University).
She lives in Westchester County, NY and works as the Media and Digital Resources Librarian at Iona College.
- Iona College
- Media and Digital Resources Librarian
- The Foundation for Landscape Studies
- Digital Conversion Specialist
- Central Park Conservancy
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- Digital Asset Manager
- New York University Libraries
- Graduate Reference Assistant
- New York University Press
- Graduate Research Assistant
- Frick Art Reference Library
- Graduate Assistant for the Photoarchive
- Macmillan Publishing
- Title Coordinator (Operations/Inventory Department)
- Landmark Ventures
- Marketing and Research Coordinator
Long Island University: MS, Library & Information Science, ALA accredited (2011, with honors)
New York University: MA, Archives & Public History (2011)
University of Southern California: BA, Art History (2006, with honors)